Taalcentrum-VU stores personal details necessary for the provision of our language products and services. Your privacy is important to us, so we treat your personal details as private and confidential. Making efficient and effective use of your information is a priority for us.
Which data do we store?
We store the data we need to provide you with our products or services. This data includes:
- your name, contact information and payment details if you are registered for one of our training courses or have requested translation or editing services;
- your name and e-mail address if you have indicated that you wish to receive our digital newsletter CNTXT;
- your contact details if you have asked a question or would like to receive a quote;
- exam results or information about certificates obtained.
We only save relevant data and only for as long as strictly necessary. Your personal details will be handled carefully and confidentially. Your information will only be passed on to persons or organizations we know and trust to handle your information appropriately and who are closely involved with our services. Of course we will not sell any of your personal details.
Your privacy rights
Your personal information belongs to you. Which is why you have the right to ask us to view, modify or remove your details at any time. Moreover, you may always request to receive an overview of your data (for example to share with another organization). If this affects the products or services that you purchase from us, we will let you know.
Would you like to access your details or ask us to modify or remove them? Then please get in touch with us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by post). We will always take care to confirm your identity and strive to process your request within four weeks.
Your privacy is important to Taalcentrum-VU. Our main rule therefore consists of the following points:
- We comply with the provisions set out in the General Data Protection Regulation and other legislation pertaining to privacy.
- We treat your personal details as private and confidential. We store your data safely in a secure cloud environment and we carefully instruct and monitor our employees and third parties with access to these clouds.
- We will never sell your details to third parties.
- If sharing your details with third parties is absolutely necessary, then we will ensure their compliance with security regulations. (We sign agreements with external parties.)
- We ensure that your personal information does not fall into the hands of unauthorized persons.
- We only collect the data that we need. We do not store any other information.
- We will not store your information any longer than necessary to provide you with our products and services.
- We only transfer (send) personal details when strictly necessary.
- We are committed to transparency: you have the right to access your personal details or ask us to modify or remove them. We will honour any request that is within the legal frameworks of the applicable statutory provisions.
- We constantly strive to impress upon our Taalcentrum-VU employees the importance of handling personal details carefully, responsibly and safely.