Living and working in the Netherlands is difficult without at least some knowledge of the language. Your life will become easier once you acquire some basic knowledge of Dutch and improve your spoken and written skills. The intensive Dutch for Expats course is suitable for foreign workers who have emigrated to the Netherlands. This course rapidly equips you with all the skills you need to cover all the bases in Dutch. You will learn the basics in both a social and a business context and gain insight into Dutch people and their communication style, ways of cooperating and doing business.
The Dutch for Expats course gives you the tools you need to live and work in the Netherlands. You will not be completely fluent after taking this course. Instead, the course focuses on providing participants with practical language skills. You will practise simple business conversations and learn how to ask for a product in a shop. We can offer the course as an in-company training or as private tuition for expats. In either case, you can be sure of a customised approach geared towards maximum efficiency in learning.
Dutch for Expats
- Oral proficiency: pronunciation, stress and intonation
- Conversation and register: formal and informal language
- Vocabulary: basic Dutch in a social and a business context
Learn Dutch: grammar and syntax
- Listening and comprehension skills: how do you reply to your conversation partner?
- How do you present your own point of view?
Learn Dutch: Writing skills
- Tenses, articles, conjunctions, prepositions, spelling and sentence structure (compound sentences)
- Vocabulary and idiomatic expressions: figures of speech and sayings, fixed word combinations, definitions, lexical variation and linguistic nuances
- Structuring sentences and paragraphs
- Writing letters, emails or longer texts
- How does communication in the Netherlands differ from communication in your own country?
- Pitfalls in intercultural communication
- What is characteristic for Dutch culture?
What skills will you gain from this course?
On the intensive Dutch for Expats course, you will improve your basic command of the Dutch language. After taking this course you will be able to have a short conversation, order something in a restaurant or bar and understand questions from your business partner. Once you have completed this course you will have the tools you need to live and work in the Netherlands.
Who is it for?
The Dutch for Expats course is ideal for international employees coming to the Netherlands for work. Expats who want to learn to communicate in Dutch and have simple conversations.
Dates and location
We can offer the course as in-company training or as private tuition for one or two participants. The dates and location will be decided in consultation with you.
The exact cost of an individual or in-company Dutch for Expats (NT2) course will depend on your needs and the size of the group. Would you like to know more? Just fill in our contact form below or call us on + 31 (0)20 598 64 20. We will be happy to make an appointment for a free consultation without any obligation.